Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Shards of Harmony Chapter 2: An Ordinary Pony with Unordinary Personalities

 
Bella walked through the streets of Ponyville. Everyone was nice and friendly to her, and that's how it was. Whenever Bella walked into town, ponies would stop what they were doing to catch a glimpse of Bella. It was like she was an eye magnet.

Bella walked over to the apple cart. Applejack was pulling it by just her horsepower.

"One basket, please." Bella said, pulling out five shiny, gold bits.

Applejack looked at Bella as if she was absolutely crazy. It made Bella worry, this.

"What's wrong? Is there something wrong with buying a basket of apples?" Bella asked.

"No, there ain't. But that's a mighty big amount of apples. Whatcha need it for?" Applejack said, shaking her hoof.

"I'm making homemade apple cider. Cider season is way too far back in the fall. Having it in the spring could make things a bit easier for me." Bella said.

"Have you ever tried my special Apple Ale?" Applejack asked, pulling out a crate of six bottles of a fizzy orange drink.

"No, I haven't. What makes it any different than McDonald's Apple Pie?" Bella said, shrugging.

"I'm sure you'll like it. If ya do, make sure ya'll come back tomorrow! We apples sure do have a lot of these!" Applejack said, handing Bella the crate without charging her.

"Okay, I will." Bella said, putting the crate on her back.

Boy, was it heavy. It was heavier than a box of rocks. And believe me when I say, that's pretty heavy.

Bella flopped the crate on the floor and decided to have it delivered to her house instead.

Bella trotted around town, buying all different sorts of produce. Apples, carrots, lettuce, oh, and did I mention APPLES?

Bella was just about finished when she saw a stand right by the Everfree Forest. Maybe Zecora was selling remedies again?

Bella tapped the stand with her hoof, as if to say, "MILK, WAITER!!! MILK!!!", but not really...

A grey pony with a curly yet straight black mane walked up to the front counter, from the inside.

"What do you sell here?" Bella asked very sweetly.

"I sell old things, ancient things from long ago." The pony said.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful, and vintage as well!" Bella said, smiling widely.

"Yes, well, do you want any of this rubbage?" The pony snapped.

Bella paused at the rude question, then continued to be sweet and friendly.

"What's that necklace over there?" Bella asked, pointing to a necklace with no gems or anything holding it together. 

The necklace was staying together, though. Like the gem was just taken out of it and was just about to go rickety. But it was just THERE.

"That's the necklace of the Lost Element. It has a very old legend to it." The pony said, taking the necklace down from the shelf.

"Cool! I kind of want it. How much for it?" Bella said, reaching out into her saddlebags to get out some bits.

"It wasn't intentionally for sale, but maybe I'll sell it if you tell me your name." The pony said, holding the necklace tight in her hoof.

Bella peered into the shade of the stand, and saw the color of the pony's eyes. They were red. Still, it didn't seem too bad to say your name out loud.

"My name is Bella. Just another ordinary pony searching the markets." Bella said.

"Ah, I see. You're the one I've been looking for. Please, take it for free." The pony said, holding out the necklace.

Bella didn't really trust this, but she decided to make the most of it.

"Well, okay then." Bella said, taking the necklace.

"Try it on. I insist." The pony said.

Bella put the necklace on. It looked very pretty on her, especially since the slot where a gem should go was in the shape of a heart.

"This is so beautiful! Thank you! Hey, I've been meaning to ask, what's your name?" Bella said cheerfully.

"My name is Princess Shutsit. And you've just made a big mistake." The pony said with a low, but scary, voice.

She then turned around, and then she was gone. It was like she was never there...

Bella looked down at her new necklace. Princess Shutsit? Who would have such a name...

A villain, that's who.

See you next time on Bella's Pink Planet!

Remember, Bella loves you guys!

BYE!



No comments:

Post a Comment